MACRO Workshop 2006
June 16–17, 2006
- Beginning and Advanced Macro Analysis
- Poster Presentations
- MACRO Composition Competition Winner
- Interactive Analysis topics including:
- Analyzing Abstract Music of the Early Seventeenth Century: Using Macro Analysis to Discuss Organization without the Controversial Language of Later Systems of Analysis
- The Growth and Expansion of Tonal Relationships: Pathways through Keys in a Tonal Idiom
- Macro Muscle: The Power and Clarity of Macro Analysis as Shown in Selected Passages from the Orchestral Repertoire
Call for Participation: Special Poster Sessions
Poster Sessions: Anyone attending the workshop is invited to bring a poster or handouts, or to give a short presentation on any aspect of music to share during this session. This session is ideal for special topic items such as interesting macro-analysis applications, unique assignments and projects for students, innovative teaching techniques, or student presentations. Consult the workshop flyer for more information. Proposals for poster sessions will be accepted until June 1, 2006.
MACRO members may register for the workshop online by using the online Registration Form, since membership includes a waiver of the workshop registration fee. If you are not a member, you are welcome to apply for membership (which also has no fees).