Call for Manuscripts
The Macro Analysis Creative Research Organization (MACRO) invites musicians of all disciplines to submit manuscripts for publication consideration in Musical Insights, MACRO's journal. Topics on any aspect of music are welcomed. Authors are encouraged to include macro analysis and address various aspects of music theory pedagogy, including aural training, sight singing, teaching techniques, and favorite teaching projects.
The MACRO Editorial Board will make a blind review of all manuscripts; therefore submissions should include:
- A word-processed manuscript void of identification information.
- A cover letter that identifies the author, the manuscript title, and includes contact information (email address, phone number, and mailing address).
Submissions are accepted at any time of the year.
Authors are asked to submit manuscripts electronically as PDF files in the following format:
- 8.50 by 11.00 inch page setup
- 12-point type
- Double-spaced throughout (including block quotations and footnotes)
- All notes appearing as footnotes
- Limited to 20 pages
- Figures labeled by order number and submitted as PDF files
Short manuscripts of 2–4 pages are welcomed. Please be advised that authors will be asked to provide high-resolution PDFs of musical examples, charts, diagrams, tables, etc. For additional information about requirements, please contact Marilyn Saker.
Submission AddressSend your cover letter and manuscript electronically to:
Marilyn Saker, Ph.D.
Editor of Musical Insights
msaker [at] emich.edu