MACRO Workshop 2005
June 3–4, 2005
- Beginning and Advanced Macro Analysis
- Interactive Analysis topics including: "Multimodal Music Theory: Reconciling Linear- and Macro-Analytical Techniques Part II"; "Tonal Palindromes: When Tonal Progressions are Reversed."
- Pedagogy: "Jingle All the Way: A Synthesis of Composition, Analysis, and Performance."
- Technology: "Harmony and Beyond: Exploring New Realms in CAI and ITS."
- Poster Presentations
- Participant Performances
- MACRO Composition Competition Winner
Call for Participation: Special Poster Session
Anyone attending the workshop is invited to bring a poster or handouts, or to give a short presentation on any aspect of music to share during this session. This session is ideal for special topic items such as interesting macro-analysis applications, unique assignments and projects for students, innovative teaching techniques, or student presentations. Consult the workshop flyer for more information. Proposals for poster sessions will be accepted until June 1, 2005.
MACRO members may register for the workshop online by using the online Registration Form, since membership includes a waiver of the workshop registration fee. If you are not a member, you are welcome to apply online for membership.